Louder Than War

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

I could hold your cigarette on Oxford Street

Ryan Adams - Karina

Ryan Adams is someone that tends to polarise people's opinions. Some think he is arrogant and overrated, others ridiculously talented - personally I think he's arrogant AND ridiculously talented...

I love the story (not sure if it's true) of a guy in the crowd at one of his concert shouting out Bryan Adams songs. The other Mr Adams promptly stopped the set and refused to carry on until the guy left - refunding him the entrance fee out of his own pocket on the spot.

Here is a song reputed to be written about Carina Round. Craftily Ryan has changed the first letter of the name of the person who is the subject of the song - but he doesn't fool me!

Ryan Adams and Carina Round toured together in the UK a few years ago and struck up a friendship. It is said that they wrote a song together, but it has yet to see the light of day. I'm not sure this track has been properly released anywhere either, but I could be wrong.

Carina Round on Ryan Adams: "I remember one line he said to me—-you probably had to be there, it was really personal—-he just said, ‘Don’t be a statue. For anyone. Don’t fit the mold of what they want you to be. You gotta be you, always.’ And that was the one part that stuck in my mind, and I think about that a lot. And that moment, to me, was the changing point of my life."

6 Comments:

  • Oh dear. Thats it. Thats the end.

    I fucking hate ryan adams. With a passion.

    By Blogger snooo, at 2:44 PM  

  • The song exists, it never did see the light of day, but I've got a recording somewhere of Carina singing it on her own (skipping on that track, annoyingly), and I was there the night they wrote it and first played it. It's called 'Idiot Dance'.

    By Blogger Sarah, at 7:46 PM  

  • Great work!
    [url=http://kxybfauy.com/gwte/ggfz.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://znnakotz.com/wmly/afwn.html]Cool site[/url]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:45 PM  

  • Good design!
    My homepage | Please visit

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:46 PM  

  • Good design!
    http://kxybfauy.com/gwte/ggfz.html | http://hetavlxy.com/rdfg/sbxd.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:46 PM  

  • forIt is excellent idea. It is ready to support you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home